Ruth Lee Pool Rescue Manikin
This manikin has been designed in consultation with the royal Life Saving Society UK (RLSS) and is a revolutionary new product which allows trainee lifeguards to learn vital skills.
Once thrown into the pool, the manikin quickly sinks beneath the surface and lifeguards can train to retrieve it from thebottom, tow it to the side using a variety of towing techniques, and perfect their lifting techniques – all using one dummy, instead of switching between plastic torsos and live volunteers.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Carefully designed and tested to create realistic buoyancy – it will sink, yet is buoyant enough
to float when being towed. It will feel like an ‘unconscious’ person in the water.
• A more realistic challenge compared to using live volunteers who may try to subconsciously
‘assist’ the trainee.
• The use of a manikin can reduce the need to use volunteers in training scenarios, thereby
avoiding potential injury and any embarrassment caused by close personal contact.
• Flexible arms, reinforced with strong webbing allow the arms to be raised aloft, letting
lifeguards practice hauling the ‘victim’ from the water using correct lifting techniques.
• Constructed using a reinforced Nylon mesh which allows water ingress, meaning the manikin
will sink when placed in water.
• Detailed care instructions will be provided with the manikin.